Monday, September 11, 2006

what's the modern gandhigiri?

Most of us would have seen the movie “ lage raho munnabhai”.

It’s a wonderful movie touching upon some important aspects. During the movie the audience was clapping after every problem Munna solved with the help of his weapon of non-violence. There was this incidence when a neighbour used to spit at a person’s doorstep and he used to clean it everyday so that the person spitting feels guilty. Well this is a wonderful thought but how many of us would follow this path? We are angry even if a pinch of dirt falls on our doorstep and sitting at the movie hall we were clapping and thinking that next time we will follow this step. But how many of us have the courage to do that? How many of us are unashamed to do that? Well frankly speaking I can’t. I don’t have the courage but I at least had my thinking caps on instead of just clapping and forgetting the incidence. Many of us are just a bunch of cowards. We learn something but we are afraid to implement it. We know that spitting on the roads is bad but who cares..

Really it’s good that Mahatma Gandhi is not alive today, else it would have pained him much. We are not doing anything good neither are our politicians by going backwards rather than moving forward. I have read in history about people being forced to convert their religion but what’s being followed now is the conversion of a person who is truthful into a deceitful one. He is taught that if he follows the path of truth then that path will lead him nowhere and he will never be “successful” in life. Different people have different definitions of success. Some say success is money and power and some rare people say success lies in the heart. I believe that success is power and money but can’t power and money be achived by treading on the path of truth? It’s just a question without an answer because all of us fear that path.

I have never believed in non-violence as a strong weapon because I think we have moved much ahead in life and guilt is not something which everyone feels. The country is being plagued by blasts after blasts. I don’t know what’s the reason behind this. It’s really beyond my comprehension that how are people not guilty after taking so many innocent lives. How can I believe the Mahatma? How can I be sure that if I follow the path of non-violence the other person will feel guilty and give me whatever I want?

I am a teenager and just starting my life and I am utterly confused. What’s success after all. What’s inner self? Why is every individual so different from the rest? Why does everyone not think on the same line? Why can’t we live in peace? I am confused.. i am confused..
I don’t believe in astrology but my parents do and they take me to an astrologer and that man forces me to think about my future. Should I believe in the crap he says?
I went with my uncle to a government working place and see him handing over some money and taking a piece of paper. I ask him, “uncle what’s this” .He replies, “You will understand everything once you grow big” . I understand everything uncle.. I understand everything.

Why are we on this earth? We know that we have just one go at life and our life can end anytime but still we live as if we are never going to die. We gather huge amount of money to safeguard our ‘future’ . Are we here to deceit, to cheat, to lie, to kill, to find out ways like non-violence to tackle problems?

Why are we here..

I AM CONFUSED

2 comments:

Ankit said...

I had the same dilemma somedays back when my life changed wid the help of an individual's philosophy.


Each and everyday of our lives we'll be shouting at system being corrupt..."Are yaar is desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta!!!, yahan ka to system hi kharab hai, sare NETA rishwatkhor hain...This is the most prominent reason for people to hide from their responsibilities..who is responsible for system being corrupt?? If we are not bribing anyone then how is a NETA rishwatkhor??? If i'm not bribing a policeman than how is this system corrupt??? Then came a day when I decided that "If the SYSTEM has to change then 'I' HAve to change myself,agar is DESH KA KUCH HONA HAI to 'I' have to change
myself and 'I' have found a change in myself". And I have found in myself very small but changes that make differences in my life how much soever small they might be but definitely some differences..


The question raised by you are valid but then what??? You can also sit n watch like a coward or you can change yourself n bring in a small change. Choice is yours.

Axiomate said...

hey dude,

I am glad to see someone thinkin after watching lage raho munnabhai..guess things wouldnt change just coz of a movie like lage raho and Rang de basanti..the new movie traffic signal might hav some insight to ppl beggin on the busy roads of a metropolitan city.

everything in existence now is to last atleast fer the next few generations.how much ever we crib bout it,it wouldnt make a difference till we r in the position to make it happen.Beggin on the streets,ppl running around fer jobs...pesticides filled colas,cigarettes are all here to stay fer sometime.

I still liked your contribution in words...
will read on .

Rahul
BMSCE